Go-Mo. Go Mobile, I assume. We all are so maybe it’s “Gone Mobile.”
I stumbled across their website today and it’s astounding. They are a MVNO based on Salt here in Switzerland and are offering the first 50’000 subscribers an all-you-can-consume mobile subscription for anyone never roaming outside Switzerland.
CHF10 per month!
But that’s not the only benefit.
- Full 4G speed for 100Gb of traffic
- Free calls and texts in Switzerland to “normal” numbers
- An ability to cap the extra spend should you roam (or set to zero and disable everything)
- No fixed duration contract, it’s month-by-month with 60 days’ notice
That’s usually going to be enough for anyone. If I had not renewed recently, I would take this mega-deal. I can see no drawbacks.
But what could be negatives for some?
- No phone “discount.” I know, hardly worth the bother nowadays anyway
- The website journey is chronic if you try English because it randomly becomes German and stays that way
I strongly recommend this subscription for kids, new arrivals who want to get a service then move to something else, maybe, because Internet/TV/phone/mobile combodeals are often better. You will be able to port your number out of this without a hitch, that’s how things work in Switzerland…..in fact you don’t quit your provider in that case, you set up a deal with the new provider and port the number over either according to the notice period or ASAP (and have to pay out that notice period).